What is my level ?
Why do we practise breeding ?
Why should we select bees ?
Is it better to feed your colonies incessantly or to select bees with good saving sense ? Without selection, beekeeping becomes passive and subjected to environment’s good will. It is important to overcome issues and optimize apiary management with a genetic adaptation. For this purpose, it is necessary to practise selection and breeding.
This method will enable you to:
- Improve your bees performance
- Facilitate your work in the apiary
- Increase your income
What is genetic selection ?
Our work is to help beekeepers to select a bee adapted to his work and environment. She must be productive, gentle and must require the lowest care. Sanitary aspects are also essentials, in particular 100% hygienic and VSH bees.
The method can be summarized into 3 steps:
- An attentive observation of the apiary to select beehives corresponding to objective criteria previously chosen. It is the stage of biological father and mother selection.
- A control of fertilizations (insemination or controlled fertilization)
- A rigorous selection of descendants. Its is called the testing stage.
Implementing a beekeeping selection plan is a continuous improvement of the beekeeper’s livestock. Each step is important and only a rigorous respect of this method will enable to make effective progress.